Date:      Sun, 26 Feb 2006 09:18:36 +0100
From:      des@des.no (Dag-Erling =?iso-8859-1?Q?Sm=F8rgrav?=)
To:        Kash Pande <kash@kashzone.info>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: /bin/sh doesn't run autoconf'ied configure scripts correctly

Kash Pande <kash@kashzone.info> writes:
> I'm running 6.1-BETA1, and I guess this is a part of the 27,000
> regressions that happened from 5.4 to 6.1, however, when using sh as
> the bourne code interpreter, configure scripts fail to execute.

The likelihood of this being a sh(1) bug is pretty much nil.  The
ports cluster builds the entire ports collection about once a week.
There are currently 11,901 ports with a GNU configure script, so the
ports team should have encountered this by now.

Judging from the error messages you quote, it's more likely that there
is something wrong with your installed version of m4, or that you have
installed a package with a buggy aclocal script which confuses m4.

DES
--=20
Dag-Erling Sm=F8rgrav - des@des.no