Date:      Mon, 23 Oct 2000 17:32:32 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Ralph Schreyer <schreyer@th.physik.uni-bonn.de>
To:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        Jan Conrad <conrad@th.physik.uni-bonn.de>
Subject:   Graphics card on 433au

Hello,

we have installed 4.1.1 release on our alpha 433au and everything works
just fine!
We'd like to run X (installed version is XFree86 3.3.6). Since the
installed graphics card PowerStorm 3D30 supports only 8bit and there seems
to be no driver for this card under 3.3.6, we want to install one of our
MACH64 or Matrox Millenium graphics cards and run it on 24bit. Are there
any experiences or suggestions concerning these configurations (or
with some other graphics cards which do their job)? Do we have
to insert the card in parallel to the old PowerStorm? Does the SRM console
recognize these cards? Thank you for any hints,

Ralph.