Date:      Sat, 6 Mar 1999 18:20:49 -0500 (EST)
From:      Thomas David Rivers <rivers@dignus.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Netscape 4.5 doesn't run on 3.1-RELEASE.

   I'm doing a fresh install on several machines today, and I'm
   up to the point of getting Netscape 4.5 running again.

   But - after the install, when I run it, I get:

          /usr/libexec/ld.so: Undefined symbol "___inet_addr" called from netscape:/usr/X11R6/lib/aout/libX11.so.6.1 at 0x20c3d944

   which means I do have the aout X11 libraries... but, it likely
   also means something isn't right in the a.out library search...

   My ldconfig_paths_aout is unchanged from the defaults, which reads:

     ldconfig_paths_aout="/usr/lib/compat/aout /usr/X11R6/lib/aout /usr/local/lib/aout"

   I did a quick nm on everything in /usr/lib/compat/aout, which found
   _inet_addr (one underscore), but there was no ___inet_addr there...

   Has anyone "been there"/"done that"?

	  - Thanks -
	- Dave Rivers -