Date:      Thu, 12 Apr 2012 12:42:17 -0700
From:      Kevin Oberman <kob6558@gmail.com>
To:        Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>
Cc:        freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ath(4) hardware support list

On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 12:25 PM, Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Apr 2012, Adrian Chadd wrote:
>
>> On 12 April 2012 06:07, Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I'd like to add a list of Atheros supported card part numbers to ath(4)=
.
>>> Why? =A0Because it's really hard for a user to tell whether a given car=
d is
>>> supported or not before buying. =A0Testing before buying is often
>>> impossible.
>>>
>>> There are two forms of part numbers, for example, AR5BXB63 and AR5008.
>>>
>>> Is there a practical way to generate this list other than testing?
>>

>> I've started one. It's in the wiki.
>>
>> http://wiki.freebsd.org/dev/ath(4)
>

> Excellent! =A0Is it feasible to add card model numbers of the AR5BXB or A=
R5BHB
> form? =A0Those are useful when looking for a replacement card.
>
> Another column for branded model numbers ("Linksys XXX123") would be good
> also.
>
> Is there another table for 802.11b/g-only cards?

I believe that b/g only is listed in the "Description" column and, by
the N/A, the lack of 'n' is in the "802.11n Spatial Streams" column.
It's a pretty short list, but it includes my old AR5212 a/b/g card
--=20
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
E-mail: kob6558@gmail.com