Date:      Mon, 08 Dec 1997 10:58:59 +0100 (CET)
From:      Mariusz Potocki <potok@friko.onet.pl>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        root@isis.dynip.com, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, Charlie Roots <osiris2002@yahoo.com>
Subject:   Re: HELP - is HTTPD BROKEN ?

On 05-Dec-97 Doug White wrote:
>On Thu, 4 Dec 1997, Charlie Roots wrote:
>
>> I am having a real NIGHTMARE with NTTPD
>
>You mean nntpd?
>
>> the original httpd that comes with FreeBSD-2.2.2.RELEASE is giving an
>> error saying;
>>
>> UNABLE TO BIND TO PORT (119) ADDRESS ALREADY INUSE.
>>
>> I am running it under inted, and tcpwrapper-7.6
>> what is going on.
>
>1.  Read the installation instructions.
>2.  Make sure you run it as root.
>3.  Make sure it isn't already running.
>4.  Try installing the port.
>
>Port 119 is used by NetNews.

I also have problem with NNTP.
When user in /etc/inetd.conf is 'root' I have message:
ovita nntpd[373]: get_socket: bind: Address already in use

In case, that user is 'news' I have message:
ovita nntpd[373]: get_socket: bind: Permission denied

Where should I look to make it work?
(I tried to install from packages or ports with same result).

Mariusz

        "verba volant,
                scripta manent"