Date:               Mon, 16 Jan 1995 13:22:54 EST5EDT+1
From:      "Aleksandar Kacanski" <Sasha.Kacanski@med.umich.edu>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:         Help

I am currently lost.
Would somebody explain to me how to overcome all this problems I am having with
installation of the BSD 2.0.
My hardware is:
HD 2100 cylinders
16 heads
63 sectors
max capacity 1034 MB

Dos needs LBA mapping ON to be able to overcome 1023 cylinders limit.
If I turn the LBA mapping OFF in CMOS setup DOS and NT 3.5 will only recognize
HD as 504 MB size.
UNIX will work with full 1034 MB size.
Right now I am running two operating systems: DOS / UNIX. NT will not acknowledge
the rest of unformeted partition 400 MB.
On the top of this I have IDE CDROM which will not work with BSD 2.0 so I can't
download files from CDROM. In the same tone I can't mount dos partition under
UNIX. I tried mounting through the menu driven installation utility and it
didn't work and I tried by command line (mount msdos -t /dev/wd0e /dos)  and
system would report that directory doesn't exist. One more thing, for some
reason, Unix will recognize the dos as the system installed on the HD and it
will dedicate E partition to it instead of H:
I have 3com (3c509) adapter for the net conectivity. Does 3com have drivers
for the bsd 2.0.
I tied running ftp and it seems that computer would not connect to the host
machine. (it can't resolve the host name - I did supply the right DNS name
server and IP addresses)

// Sasha Kacanski
Email:                  Phone: (313) 763-2453
sasha.kacanski@med.umich.edu
sashak@med.umich.edu    Fax:   (313) 763-3784
Address:4709/MSII
Human Genetics UM