Date:      Thu, 10 Jan 2002 19:42:44 +0100
From:      Nils Holland <nils@tisys.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   device eisa...

Hi folks,

I've been wondering about the following: Is there actually a need to keep
the line "device eisa" in the kernel? I realize that my systems need
"device pci" for the PCI cards and "device isa" for some internal things
and probably installed ISA cards, but I really wonder what eisa is good
for. So, does one *always* have to enable eisa if one enables isa (which
means that eisa can not really ever be disabled), or does eisa only refer
to special hardware that is not generally included in most PCs and can thus
be disabled?

Any hints are welcome!

Greetings
Nils

--
Nils Holland
Ti Systems - FreeBSD in Tiddische, Germany