Date:      Sat, 6 May 2000 10:53:25 -0400 (EDT)
From:      William Melanson <wjm@gate.net>
To:        Joshua Delong Thomas <jdt2101@ksu.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Installed Programs

On Sat, 6 May 2000, Joshua Delong Thomas wrote:

% I "made" a crapload of applications, daemons, etc., but for the most part
% I haven't used them, and have forgotten what they are.  Is there a way for
% me to see what all the applications are that I have installed?  Should I
% just look through all the executables, or what?
%

If you have installed these apps via pkg_add or the ports collection then
this command should do it for ya.

pkg_info -a

For more info just take a peek at the man page for pkg_info(1)

  William  J. Melanson        CyberGate, Inc. | e.spire Communications
  Sr Network Controller       www.gate.net ---- www.espire.net
  Network Operations Center   Phone: (954) 334-8080
  finger wjm@gate.net         PGP public key