Date:      Sat, 6 Mar 2010 12:33:10 +0300
From:      Alexey Tarasov <me@lexasoft.ru>
To:        Morrison <journey@onpuls.com>, freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ZFS Boot problem after hard shutdown while resilvering RAIDZ1

Hello.

I have the same problem. You can do three things: 1) do nothing and =
wait, because ZFS pool starts resilvering 2) set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to =
/zroot and use all utilites 3) Exit from fixit after import and enter it =
again. ZFS will be mounted and shell will be functional.

(http://wiki.freebsd.org/RootOnZFS/GPTZFSBoot/RAIDZ1)
>=20
>=20
> Here is the problem:
>=20
> I had to replace a drive, but chose by accident a spare which hat some =
strange malfunction as well.
> I used the command:=20
> 	zpool replace zroot gpt/disk1
>=20
> 	zpool status=20
> gave me the information that resilvering would take 2500h =
(increasing).
> After a couple of MB were resilvered (very slowly), I decided to shut =
the system down safely, which didn't work, so I powered it off by =
holding the power switch.
> I detached the malfunctioned spare drive and tried to start the system =
with the two HDDs, but now I am getting
>=20
> 	ZFS: can only boot from disk, mirror or raidz vdevs
> 	ZFS: i/o error - all block copies unavailable
> 	ZFS: can't read object set for dataset lld
> 	Can't find root filesystem - giving up
> 	ZFS: unexpected object set type lld
> 	ZFS: unexpected object set type lld
>=20
> 	FreeBSD/i386 boot
> 	Default: zroot:/boot/kernel/kernel
> 	boot:
> 	ZFS: unexpected object set type lld
>=20
> 	FreeBSD/i386 boot
> 	Default: zroot:/boot/kernel/kernel
> 	boot:_
>=20
> I used my LiveFS USB and tried with Fixit, after loading =
opensolaris.ko and zfs.ko:
> 	zpool import -f zroot
>=20
> After that, all HDDs started making noises as if they try to =
heal/restore them self. But all commands I entered then, gave me errors =
like: