Date:      Mon, 1 Jun 1998 15:24:03 +1000
From:      Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG, n@nectar.com
Subject:   Re: union nethostaddr no longer defined for src/sbin/mount_nfs.c

>requires nfs/nqnfs.h, which in turn requires ``union nethostaddr'',
>defined in nfs/nfs.h.
>
>The problem is recent changes described by the following commit
>log entry moved the definition of ``union nethostaddr'' from
>outside #ifdef KERNEL to inside #ifdef KERNEL.  Of course, KERNEL
>is not defined when building mount_nfs.
>
>RCS file: /home/ncvs/src/sys/nfs/nfs.h,v
>Working file: nfs.h
>head: 1.40
>[snippage]
>- ----------------------------
>revision 1.37
>date: 1998/05/31 17:27:45;  author: peter;  state: Exp;  lines: +9 -9
>NFS Jumbo commit part 1.  Cosmetic and structural changes only.  The aim
>of this part of commits is to minimize unnecessary differences between
>the other NFS's of similar origin.  Yes, there are gratuitous changes here
>that the style folks won't like, but it makes the catch-up less difficult.
>- ----------------------------
>
>FreeBSD was bit by this because in the past we stopped defining KERNEL
>in mount_nfs.c
>
>RCS file: /home/ncvs/src/sbin/mount_nfs/mount_nfs.c,v
>Working file: mount_nfs.c
>head: 1.28
>[snippage]
>- ----------------------------
>revision 1.27
>date: 1998/02/01 21:53:19;  author: bde;  state: Exp;  lines: +1 -3
>Don't define KERNEL before including <nfs/nfs.h>.  It is no longer
>necessary.  This fixes warnings about missing forward declarations
>for structs in kernel-only prototypes.
>- ----------------------------
>
>The quick fix to get the world rolling is to backout the change
>made in revision 1.37 of src/sys/nfs.h.
>
>I'm not sure what the long-term fix should be --- I'd guess the
>same as the short term.

Just back out the part that clobbered this:

RCS file: /home/ncvs/src/sys/nfs/nfs.h,v
Working file: nfs.h
head: 1.40
revision 1.33
date: 1998/02/01 21:23:29;  author: bde;  state: Exp;  lines: +15 -15
Moved declaration of `union nethostadr' outside of the KERNEL section,
to give pollution compatible with <nfs/nqfs.h>.  At least mount_nfs.c
previously had to #define KERNEL before including <nfs/nfs.h> to get
this pollution, but this gave other pollution.

Moved comment about NFSINT_SIGMASK to immediately before the code that
it applies to.