Date:      Sat, 11 Sep 1999 15:19:36 -0500
From:      "Jeremy L. Ramirez" <jramirez@digicomsystems.net>
To:        dev-null@ns1.digicomsystems.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How to prevent motd including os info

Another way to prevent users from seeing what type of OS you are running is by
changing the following line in inetd.conf:

telnet  stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/libexec/telnetd    telnetd -h

what you are doing is adding the -h at the end of the line which prevents
a user from seeing the OS before even logging in.

    Jeremy Ramirez