Date:      Tue, 9 Dec 1997 20:36:34 +0100
From:      Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
To:        "FreeBSD Current Users' list" <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        sef@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Interaction between truss(1) and ktrace(1) ?

I have a very recent kernel (with the latest procfs fixes from Sean) and it
has KTRACE defined in it. The main problem I have is that truss does
execute the command but doesn't show anything...

Running this:

203 [20:30] roberto@keltia:~> truss /bin/echo foo
cannot set PF_LINGER: Inappropriate ioctl for device
foo
^C

...and sits there till I kill it.

Sources from CTM delta cvs-cur #3883 1997/12/09 14:11:27. Make world done
yesterday.

Is there a problem between KTRACE and truss ? What did I miss ?

Latest patch from Sean is this one:

sef         1997/12/08 21:03:43 PST

  Modified files:
    sys/miscfs/procfs    procfs_subr.c
  Log:
  Code to prevent a panic caused by procfs_exit().  Note that i don't know
  what is teh root cause -- but, sometimes, a procfs vnode in pfshead is
  apparantly corrupt (or a UFS vnode instead).  Without this patch, I can
  get it to panic by doing (in csh)

Kernel config. file available on demand.
--
Ollivier ROBERT -=- FreeBSD: The Power to Serve! -=- roberto@keltia.freenix.fr
FreeBSD keltia.freenix.fr 3.0-CURRENT #19: Tue Dec  9 20:17:10 CET 1997