Date:      Mon, 14 May 2012 10:45:54 -0700
From:      Jason Helfman <jhelfman@e-e.com>
To:        Fernando =?iso-8859-1?Q?Apestegu=EDa?= <fernando.apesteguia@gmail.com>
Cc:        Chris Rees <crees@freebsd.org>, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: On file installation

On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 07:40:41PM +0200, Fernando Apesteguía thus spake:
>On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 7:31 PM, Chris Rees <crees@freebsd.org> wrote:
>> On 14 May 2012 18:23, Fernando Apesteguía <fernando.apesteguia@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'm working on a port for an application written in Java and I'm
>>> having some problems deciding how to install the application.
>>> Previous to the installation, the WRKSRC directory contains some .jar
>>> files and some directories along with some .txt files for
>>> licenses, but also some .exe and .bat files _which I don't want to
>>> install_. It is basically a package that contains both files for
>>> windows and non-windows systems.
>>>
>>> I was thinking on using COPYTREE_SHARE to install everything and then
>>> remove the non necessary files, but doesn't look like
>>> an elegant solution. Also, I wouldn't like to explicitly specify every
>>> one of the files I want to copy. Is there a way of using something
>>> similar to bash's extglob so I can copy !(*.exe|*bat)? If not, how to proceed?
>>>
>>> I already looked at the existent ports to find something similar but
>>> it seems hard to find. I also had a look at bsd.port.mk but
>>> I couldn't find what I'm looking for.
>>
>> You can use find primaries with COPYTREE_SHARE such as;
>>
>> (cd ${WRKSRC}/wherever && ${COPYTREE_SHARE} \*
>> ${JAVALIBDIR}/${PORTNAME}/wherever "-not -name \*.exe -and -not -name
>> \*.bat"
>
>Thanks! I think that is what I was looking for :)
>
>I'll give it a try.
>

>> Chris

Also, if it is trivial, I would suggest building it via source. Please though,
don't install any .war files, as if an application server is involved in the
expansion of the war file with this port, then the system will be dirty on
de-install.

-jgh

--
Jason Helfman