Date:      Sat, 7 Apr 2001 10:44:29 +0930
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        lecn1306@ele.etsmtl.ca
Cc:        obrien@freebsd.org, freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Vinum status

On Friday,  6 April 2001 at 13:36:15 -0400, Normand Leclerc wrote:
>   I have a working patch but I don't know if this patch has been accepted by
> David O'Brien wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Apr 04, 2001 at 03:12:21PM -0400, Normand Leclerc wrote:
>>>     There has been a nice debate on dev_t structure related to vinum.  I
>>> need vinum working.  I'd like to have a status on it please.  Is it
>>> working in the -stable branch (4.3 BETA RC2 as of today) or is it still
>>> bugged?
>>
>> Are you planning on doing anything about this problem?
>
> Greg Lehey.  I want to know if the issue of the dev_t structure has
> been resolved or not.  You have to be aware that vinum is not
> working anymore on Alpha machines.

I don't have access to an alpha.  I am also not the MAINTAINER of
Vinum, and have not been for more than 12 months.  If some change
breaks another component of the system, then it should be up to the
person who performs the breakage to fix it again.

Having said that, I'll take a look at it today and possibly commit an
untested fix.

Greg