Date:      Sun, 16 Dec 2001 22:44:06 -0500
From:      Scott <scottro@nyc.rr.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: X Windows and KVM Switch

At 22:15 2001/12/16 -0500, Trevor S. Cornpropst wrote:
>On Sun, 16 Dec 2001 10:06:02 -0600
>"Ron Martin" <rmartin@icrsystems.net> wrote:
>
> > I am running BSD 4.4 and trying to get a mouse to work with my KVM switch.
> >
> > Can't find any info on this.
> >
> > Mouse works OK without the switch but need the switch for normal ops.
> >
> > Thanks,

I've seen many solutions and tried them all, including the one that Trevor
posted.  The simplest, albeit cumbersome in a way, workaround (at least the
one that worked for me) is to simply have the KVM switch focused on the BSD
machine from the time it boots until the time you start X.  Once X is
started and the thing is running, you can usually then switch back and
forth without problem.

As I said, I tried Trevor's solution (as well as recompiling the kernel
with whatever the suggested flags were--I've forgotten.)   I think even the
developer working on it was getting frustrated.  :)  I have seen postings
on deja that people who added the flags had some success (others didn't)
some had success using Trevor's solution or modifications of it (and others
didn't)

So, my (not so helpful, I fear) answer is given above---keep the KVM
focused on the BSD box till X is up and running

HTH
Scott Robbins