Date:      Sat, 8 Jan 2000 13:34:50 +0000
From:      Mark Ovens <mark@ukug.uk.freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Newbie has a lot of questions...

On Sat, Jan 08, 2000 at 02:05:57PM +0100, Oliver Fromme wrote:
>  > and does csh support command/filename completion. If yes, how do
>  > I get it? (what key do I need to press? In bash, we use tab to
>  > complete command/filename)
>
> In csh, use the <Esc> key for filename completion.

Or Ctrl-D to list matches for the stub that you have typed:

   marder-1# cd /etc
   marder-1# ls r^D
   rc            rc.diskless1  rc.network    rc.suspend*   rpc
   rc.atm        rc.diskless2  rc.pccard     remote
   rc.conf       rc.firewall   rc.resume*    resolv.conf
   rc.conf~      rc.i386       rc.serial     resolv.gtw
   rc.devfs      rc.isdn       rc.shutdown   rmt@
   marder-1# ls r

--
	"there's a long-standing bug relating to the x86 architecture
	that allows you to install Windows too"