Date:      Thu, 11 Mar 2004 05:19:47 -0800 (PST)
From:      jitendra pande <jpande_techinfo@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   kernel lebel mutex in FreeBSD 4.8

Hi ,

I am trying to use kernel level mutex in my driver for FreeBSD 4.8.  I tried searching for kernel level mutex but couldn't find one for  FreeBSD 4.8.

mtx_lock(..) and other mtx_ kernel level functions are available in FreeBSD 5.0 onwards but not in freeBSD 4.8.

Plaese advice me how can i proceed. Also is there anything like Gaint lock in FreeBSD 4.8. If so then how can i use it within my driver.

Any early anser will be of great help..

Thanks a lot in advance.
jitendra