Date:      Wed, 2 Mar 2005 16:27:14 -0500
From:      Jung-uk Kim <jkim@niksun.com>
To:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: AMD64/rel 5.3 - setting up Linux compatibility

On Wednesday 02 March 2005 05:53 am, Sangwoo Shim wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 02, 2005 at 02:05:02AM -0800, dR wrote:
> [snip]
>
> AFAIK, kernel modules for linux compatibility do not work yet.
> You should include them directly in the kernel configuration file.
>
> Well, I'll describe a little what I've done to use OOo for linux on
> FBSD/amd64. FYI, I installed OOo 1.9.m79.
>
> 1. Rebuild and install kernel with following options.
>   options 	LINPROCFS
>   options 	COMPAT_43
>   options 	COMPAT_LINUX32
> 2. After reboot, install emulators/linux_base.
> 3. Install java/linux-sun-jdk14.
> 3. Download OOo package for linux and expand it.
>   Extract generated rpms using rpm2cpio, like
>   rpm2cpio *.rpm | tar xvf -
>
>   OOo files will be extracted into $PWD/opt.
> 4. Copy entire opt directory to /compat/linux/opt.

Copy usr/bin/* to /compat/linux/bin and usr/share/*
to /compat/linux/share.

> 5. Add OOo shlib directory
> (/opt/openoffice.org1.9.79/program/filter) to
> /compat/linux/etc/ld.so.conf, and run /compat/linux/sbin/ldconfig.
>
> And then you are all set.
> Execute /compat/linux/opt/openoffice.org1.9.79/program/soffice. If
> you are not using English-version of OOo, you might have to map
> some font files for your language.

I am running korean version just fine without any mapping. ;-)

One more tip: you may have to map proper JRE directory if it doesn't
find /usr/local/linux-sun-jdk1.4.2/jre automatically.  Mine didn't.

http://marketing.openoffice.org/2.0/featureguide.html

'Choose Tools - Options - OpenOffice.org - Java. You do not have to
select a version of Java manually as it will be done automatically if
necessary, but you can if you want.'

> Hope these help.

It was great help for me.

Thanks!!!