Date:      Mon, 4 May 1998 16:09:54 -0700
From:      "J.D. Falk" <jdfalk@cybernothing.org>
To:        Frank Mayhar <frank@exit.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Status of DPT driver in 2.2-stable?

On 05/04/98, Frank Mayhar <frank@exit.com> wrote:

> I have an ISP that wants to use a DPT controller in a production Usenet News
> machine.  I see from the hackers archive that a driver for that controller
> is in -stable, but wanted to know about folk's experiences with it.  Any
> problems?  Can I recommend it, or should I recommend another controller?

	We've been using a few at vix.com for a while now, all on
	BSDI machines...no major problems, though I would suggest
	keeping an eye on the DPT web site for firmware upgrades,
	'cause that seems to be the only place where they'll ever
	admit to having any bugs....

 ---------========== J.D. Falk <jdfalk@cybernothing.org> =========---------
  | "There is no constitutional requirement that the incremental cost of |
  |  sending massive quantities of unsolicited advertisements must be    |
  |  borne by the recipients."                                           |
  |                -- Judge Graham, Compuserve vs. Cyber Promotions      |
 ----========== http://www.cybernothing.org/jdfalk/home.html ==========----