Date:      Wed, 14 May 2008 20:02:10 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: panic: vm_fault: fault on nofault entry

On Wed, 14 May 2008 09:35:23 -0700, Jos Backus <jos@catnook.com> wrote:
> On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 10:48:07AM +0300, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
>> This looks similar to the panics I was seeing.
>>
>> Alan has posted the following patch:
> [patch elided]
>> Can you also give it a try?
>
> cvsupped and building a new kernel now.
>
>> I'm building a new kernel with the patch as I type this, but I can't
>> reliably reproduce the panic all the time.  It seems to be triggered
>> more often when I fire up mplayer, but that's merely a "guess".
>
> It tends to happen when I am using Firefox, which uses mplayer
> as a plugin, so our symptoms _may_ be related.

That's likely.  I haven't carefully watched if Firefox had any
flash videos loaded, but it's my impression I was either running
mplayer manually, or viewing at least one flash video.

> Thanks for the patch, Giorgos.

Not me, Alan did all the cool patching :)

FWIW, with the patch applied, I haven't seen any crashes all day
today.  Things look fairly good.