Date:      Thu, 27 Jul 2006 10:29:30 +0200
From:      Roland Smith <rsmith@xs4all.nl>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Monitoring temperature with acpi (sysctls)

--k1lZvvs/B4yU6o8G

On Wed, Jul 26, 2006 at 02:52:53PM -0400, Mike Jakubik wrote:
> David Duchscher wrote:
> >
> >On Jul 26, 2006, at 11:09 AM, Bruno Ducrot wrote:
> >>Does this one support IPMI?
> >
> >Yes, the Supermicro PDSMi supports the IPMI 2.0 module and I can
> >confirm that it works with the IPMI ported driver from current on
> >6.1.  The module is optional so you will have to purchase one for
> >the system, around 0. You will also need the latest BIOS loaded on
> >the motherboard for it to work.
> >
> >http://www.supermicro.com/products/accessories/addon/AOC-IPMI20-E.cfm
>=20
> I don't want to spend $50 extra per system, just so i can read the=20
> temperature, and not even use any of the IPMI functions. I need a simple=
=20
> and scriptable way to get the values, acpi sysctls are ideal for this.

Have you tried ports/sysutils/mbmon?

It can try to get the values in different ways, e.g. accessing the chip
directly, smbus or isa. It is easily scriptable. I use it in combination
with gnuplot in a shell-script to make a graph of the CPU and
motherboard temperatures;
http://www.xs4all.nl/~rsmith/freebsd/index.html#monitor=20

Roland
--=20