Date:      Tue, 13 Dec 2016 01:31:57 -0800
From:      Mark Millard <markmi@dsl-only.net>
To:        FreeBSD Ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: The ports collection has some serious issues

Julian Elischer julian at freebsd.org wrote on Mon Dec 12 16:15:32 UTC 2016:

> The problem I get hit by is that the quarterly packages are deleted
> immediately on the creation of the next quarterly set.

Packages: true --but not true of svn's sources for ports:

https://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports/branches/201*Q*/

svn has 2014 's, 2015 's, and 2016 's sources for each of the
quarters: Q1 , Q2 , Q3 , Q4 .

Things seem to be set up more for source based builds
(or local package builds and distribution based on
such sources for such builds).

(Not that I'm doing anything where I depend on the
issues or distinctions. I just noted the quarterly
history that is available and where it happens to
exist --which may well be obvious to most folks
involved.)

===
Mark Millard
markmi at dsl-only.net