Date:      Wed, 17 Sep 1997 15:03:00 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Dayton Clark <dayton@sci.brooklyn.cuny.edu>
To:        smp@csn.net
Cc:        smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 4 CPU machines

Better late than never.  I've been unable to follow the smp list for
awhile.

Just today I got the 3.0-snap of 7/8/97 working, in SMP mode on an AMI
Goliath motherboard with 4 200MHz PPros, two PCI busses and an EISA
bus.  The disk is an Adaptec 2940.

I had to explicitly  set NCPU=4 otherwise it would hang during
processor discovery.  I had thought the default for NCPU was 4, I
guess not.

I sporadic failure of commands, basic ones make, cmp, ... with an
unknown failure, code = 0 message.  I was looking through the smp list
for any references to this problem when I came upon your request.

Is the snap release terribly old?

dayton