Date:      Thu, 12 Feb 2004 21:26:17 -0700
From:      "Peter Kurpis" <kurpis@drizzle.com>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Cc:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   touchpad mouse not working with freebsd

I installed FreeBSD 4.7 on my Toshiba Satellite 1135 laptop, and
I couldn't get the mouse working.  (Windows says it's an Alps
Pointing Device, on interrupt 12, plugged into the PS/2 port.)

On further investigation, when I tried

moused -p /dev/psm0 -i all

the daemon aborted, saying it failed to open /dev/psm0 (which
does exist and looks sane) and also

Device not configured

What does "Device not configured" mean?  I see psm listed in
the GENERIC kernel configuration file...  What gives?  What do
I need to do to get it working?

P.S.  "Device not configured" was error 6 in errno, according to
truss.

P.P.S.  The same as above goes for the other two mouse devices
(mse0 and ums0) for what it's worth...

Please CC me on reply, as I am not a member of this group.
Thanks!