Date:      Thu, 18 Dec 1997 13:04:24 +0100 (MET)
From:      Wolfgang Helbig <helbig@Informatik.BA-Stuttgart.DE>
To:        eivind@FreeBSD.ORG (Eivind Eklund)
Cc:        helbig@Informatik.BA-Stuttgart.DE, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Heads up / Compile problems in lkms : Fixed

> On Wed, Dec 17, 1997 at 12:01:10PM +0100, Wolfgang Helbig wrote:
> > >
> > > For those that have had problems compiling the lkms the last 24 hours
> > > due to missing opt_ipx.h and opt_compat.h files - this has now been
> > > fixed.
> >
> > Hmm, possibly I missed the commit message that fixed the opt_compat.h
> > problem, anyway here are patches that I needed to apply to do a "make depend"
> > in /usr/src/lkm:
>
> Those patches look reasonable (they match with what I'd expect to be
> needed) - but I have not been able to reproduce the need for the
> patches here, neither for 'make' or 'make depend' :-(
>
> I'm slightly uncertain about what to do - commit the changes (they
> don't HURT, except for creating slightly more code complexity), or
> wait for more reports of people able to reproduce.  Someone from core
> - what's policy?  Does policy exist for this?

I guess I fell in between r1.28 and r1.29 of /sys/kern/makesyscalls.sh:

----------------------------
revision 1.29
date: 1997/12/16 18:51:45;  author: eivind;  state: Exp;  lines: +4 -3
Move around opt_compat include to accomodate Linulator brokenness (for
the time being).
revision 1.28
date: 1997/12/16 17:40:22;  author: eivind;  state: Exp;  lines: +3 -3
Make COMPAT_43 and COMPAT_SUNOS new-style options.

The file sys/sys/sysproto.h created by r1.28 has a
	#include "opt_compat.h"
line which broke the lkm builds.
This was fixed by r1.29 so everthing builds fine now.

Wolfgang