Date:      Mon, 22 Jun 1998 11:02:26 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Dave Bodenstab <imdave@mcs.net>
To:        drosih@rpi.edu, freebsd-smp@FreeBSD.ORG, imdave@mcs.net
Cc:        darrylo@sr.hp.com
Subject:   Re: Equium 6200M successfull install

> From: Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
>
> And if anyone is dual-booting into WinNT, you may find that
> WindowsNT dies with the blue screen of death immediately on
> bootup.  If this happens to you, it might mean that you have
> turned off the APM support in the BIOS as part of the upgrade.

The Toshiba web site:

  http://www.csd.toshiba.com/tais/csd/support/techsupport.html

contains some info about upgrading NT for a 2nd CPU.  Among
other things, it requires one to uninstall Toshiba's APM software.
>From your description above, I suspect that one would also need to
uninstall the APM software before turning off APM in the BIOS.

Dave Bodenstab
imdave@mcs.net