Date:      Fri, 8 Sep 2000 22:31:33 -0700
From:      "Crist J . Clark" <cjclark@reflexnet.net>
To:        Kees van Wijk <C.vanwijk@student.tudelft.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: smbmount where is it???

On Fri, Sep 08, 2000 at 08:55:53AM +0200, Kees van Wijk wrote:
> I installed the samba package for BSD-4.1 release.
>
> I can find smbclient / smbpasswd / smbstatus etc in:
> /usr/local/bin
>
> BUT where is smbmount / smbmnt etc????
>
> Do I need to install other packages as well?
> Can I mount window shares a different way??

Look at the docs,

  http://us1.samba.org/samba/whatsnew/samba-2.0.7.html

To quote,

  "The syntax for the Linux-specific smbmount command..."

smbmount does not work on FreeBSD or anything but Linux. smbmount used
to be a separate project from Samba. It only recently actually became
part of Samba.

Someone else already pointed to Sharity-Light. I've found it to get
bit unstable after a while, but it might be better now. There is also
the commercial Sharity.