Date:      Sat, 26 Aug 2000 14:34:29 +1000 (EST)
From:      andrew@ugh.net.au
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   netstat -a output: bdg4

Hi,

When I run netstat -f inet -a on a 4.1-STABLE box I get two entries I
haven't seen before...

icm4       0      0  *.*                    *.*
bdg4       0      0  *.*                    *.*

I'm guessing icm4 is ICMP for IPv4? What is bdg4?

sockstat and lsof dont say which process has them open. ICMP would
presumably be being listened for by the kernel which would explain why
that doesnt show up in sockstat.

The only odd networking thinghs in the kernel are NETATALK and
IPFIREWALL. The machine is also running dhcpd.

Thanks,

Andrew