Date:      Fri, 26 Sep 1997 05:10:01 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Andreas Klemm <andreas@klemm.gtn.com>
To:        freebsd-ports
Subject:   Re: ports/4626: inn port, active file contains control character

The following reply was made to PR ports/4626; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Andreas Klemm <andreas@klemm.gtn.com>
To: Donald Burr <dburr@POBoxes.com>
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 1997 13:37:27 +0200

 On Fri, Sep 26, 1997 at 01:58:21AM -0700, Donald Burr wrote:

 > My secret spy satellite informs me that on 25-Sep-97, andreas@FreeBSD.ORG
 > wrote:
 >
 > >>Number:         4626
 > >>Category:       ports
 > >>Synopsis:       inn port, active file contains control characters
 >
 > FWIW, I have seen the EXACT SAME thing happen on the inn package under
 > Linux (RedHat 4.2, kernel 2.0.30), so this is definitely not a FreeBSD
 > problem.

 Ok, nice to hear. But as far as nobody understands exactly how this
 happens it may be OS related as well ;-)

 Important for me would be _not_ to use MMAP in the port until we
 have a fix. I'm sure, everybody want's to have a stable port ;)

 I'm currently discussing this with Torsten, but he says he is very
 busy at the moment ... Let's see how we get around this.

 BTW, when trying to "make extract patch configure", to dig around
 in the sources, I notice, that I didn't have the *newest* inn version
 installed, although I rebuild everything 2 weeks ago ;-)

 Maybe we/I should try the newest inn release with sec2 enhancements
 and see, if the problem still exists.

 	Andreas ///

 --
 Andreas Klemm | klemm.gtn.com - powered by
                     Symmetric MultiProcessor FreeBSD