Date:      Fri, 27 Sep 2002 13:12:07 +0200
From:      Robert =?unknown-8bit?Q?Blacqui=E8re?= <freebsd@guldan.demon.nl>
To:        Hank Hampel <lists@niamodnikufesin.de>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: coldsync-2.2.5 w/Palm m130 via USB ?

--gatW/ieO32f1wygP

Hi,

I have tried that also but it seems my palm is just a ugen device...

May be you could give also a a dmesg output?=20

Or give more info...

this is my output.

Kernel has :  ucom, uplcom and uvscom devices/support

Sep 27 13:04:51 dori /kernel: ugen0: Palm, Inc. Palm Handheld, rev
1.00/1.00, addr 2

Robert

On Fri, Sep 27, 2002 at 11:30:02AM +0200, Hank Hampel wrote:
> Hi Gary!
>=20
> On (020925), G.E. Rafe wrote:
> > I'm trying to get my Toshiba Satellite Pro 4600 running 4.6-R
> > to talk to a Palm m130 via its USB cradle.
>=20
> Having done nearly the same thing on a not so different configuration
> (Toshiba Satellite 1700-400 and Palm m125) I think I can help you.
>=20
> > I've managed to get coldsync-2.2.5 to compile without complaint
>=20
> I also tried to use coldsync for this (to work together with JPilot)
> but after a while I switched to pilot-link.
>=20
> > and find that the kernel seems to recognize the device when the
> > HotSync button is pressed:
> > 	ugen0: Palm, Inc. Palm Handheld, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 5
>=20
> This is the first problem as you can't use the generic USB driver for
> this purpose. You need to get the driver for ucom (latest additions to
> the USB driver from Josef Karthauser) - I don't know if it is in
> 4.6.2-R but it's definitly not in 4.6-R.
>=20
> So at least upgrade the USB drivers so that you get a ucom driver
> (which emulates seriral port behaviour for USB devices).
>=20
> > I've given "pilot-link" a try on the system, too,
> > and was just as unsuccessful.
>=20
> You need to use the latest version of pilot-link (at least 0.11.3) to
> get working USB support for FreeBSD. Check the configure output to be
> sure to get USB support compiled in.
>=20
> After that you can use /dev/ucom0 as the device to sync the pilot and
> with JPilot it works like a charm for me.
>=20
>=20
> Best regards, Hank

--=20
FreeBSD: Are you guys coming or what?
OpenBSD: He guys you left some holes out there!

--gatW/ieO32f1wygP

--gatW/ieO32f1wygP--