Date:      Sat, 19 Sep 1998 19:24:59 -0000 (GMT)
From:      Francisco Reyes <francisco@natserv.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Planning to re-partition. Restore questions

Since I no longer have plans for OS/2 I deleted the Logical partition
where it was.

I want to use re-partition my drive.
Currently have:
Os2 Boot manager
Win95
---->Unused
Dos partition
FreeBSD

I tried to use the unused part for a Freebsd slice, but it did not work. I
seem to recall there is some kind of limitation to the number of Primary
partitions on a hard drive.

What I am planning to do is:
Os2 Boot manager
Win95
Dos partition
FreeBSD

Now to the question
What is the minimum I have to do before I can use my tape to do a restore?

Also can I restore to differently mounted volumes
For instance I currently have:
/
/usr
/var

And plan to have:
/
/usr
/var
/usr/X11R6

When I restore /usr from a tape will the data currently in /usr/X11R6 go
into this new filesystem?

Besides /usr/X11R6 which directories have data which doesn't change often
as to skip on daily dumps?