Date:      Tue, 9 Jul 2002 19:27:33 -0400
From:      Tom Rhodes <trhodes@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Chris Coleman <chrisc@vmunix.com>
Cc:        lkapell@ncia.net, freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: buying FreeBSD

Hows this, i'm NOT bias due to working relationships ;)

My experiance with DN was interesting, apperently for some odd reason
my order disappeared.  BUT, right after I followed up wondering why,
the situation was resolved.  Chris and Greg worked very well
with me, making sure that my order was sent to me with the utmost
care and importance.

After talking with Chris on the phone, who apologised more than he
should have (but what company rep doesn't in this case) everything
worked out perfectly.  In fact, i'm currently wearing one of the
shirts I picked up at DN.

I see no reason to choose one over the other other than preferance,
perhaps you like someone at DN, or know personally someone at the
mall.  Maybe you have ordered from both in past and were pleased
with the service, or the prices are cheaper at one place over
the other.  If you want my opinion, I choose DN because I wanted
a subscription to the magazine at the same time, if I didn't
need that (or wanted different products) I would have went to
the Mall.

So, after all that rambling, I think you shouldn't really base
it on what other people think, yet more what you want, perhaps
one of the companies are closer to you, but as for their quality,
from what i'm told, they are both very good, and personal
experiance has not proven otherwise.

--
Tom (Darklogik) Rhodes
www.FreeBSD.org  -The Power To Serve