Date:      Wed, 23 Aug 95 13:39:38 MDT
From:      terry@cs.weber.edu (Terry Lambert)
To:        rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com (Rodney W. Grimes)
Cc:        jkh@time.cdrom.com, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Recent mount patches..

> > > You'll need to rebuild all your mount_foo execs due to the change in
> > > mount.h.  Just FYI.
> > >
> > > I decided to take the patch because I myself am tired of the system
> > > refusing to come up just because I don't have a CD in the drive, yet
> > > it's silly to have to type the whole mount command spec in as the
> > > only alternative.
> >
> > What did you change in mount.h?
> >
> > This is probably suboptimal...
>
> Bug #1, the include file sys/mount.h is a kernel interface definition file,
> the kernel has no need, nor does it care about -noall (currently bug #2
> caused this to be missnamed -noauto).
>
> Bug #3 (not related to patch) -a is undocumented in the man page, it
> is listed in the SYNOPSIS section though, and referenced at least once
> in the man page in an example.

You didn't identify what you were responding to... this isn't a list
of changes -- can I gather that this is a list of what you see as bugs
in the changes?

I assume this supports the contention that mount.h changes are not
necessary to provide the described behaviour?

					Terry Lambert
					terry@cs.weber.edu
---
or previous employers.