Date:      Thu, 17 Aug 1995 06:35:57 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        wollman@freebsd.org
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   pppd

I notice that pppd has now gone to revision 2.2 beta3, dated July 3rd
1995.  Our own pppd is revision 2.1 dated the 9th of June 1994, over
a year earlier..

The biggest difference I can see is that 2.2 supports some sort of
compression called "BSD-compress", whatever the heck that is..  There
may of course also be some bug fixes..  You figure in a year they might
have fixed a few things! :-)

Any reason why we shouldn't fold this in from the NetBSD-current sources?

					Jordan