Date:      Sat, 24 May 2003 01:30:29 +0200
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Rapha=EBl_Marmier?= <raphael@computer-rental.ch>
To:        karim18@juno.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Kernel??

If your goal is to compete with MacOSX, you'll be better of reusing the=20=

whole of FreeBSD rather than just the kernel, and concentrate on=20
building a powerfull, consistent API and user friendly environment on=20
top of it.

However, before you start such huge enterprise, you might want to take=20=

a look at the Gnustep project (www.gnustep.org), which aims at fully=20
reimplementing the OpenSTEP/Cocoa API and most system applications such=20=

a proper Finder, development tools, etc... This is advancing well and=20
will provide the closest open source match to MacOSX. Actually, you can=20=

build applications for Gnustep or for MacOSX from the same source code.

just my two cents

Raphael

Le vendredi, 23 mai 2003, =E0 21:38 Europe/Zurich, karim18@juno.com a=20
=E9crit :