Date:      Fri, 20 Mar 1998 03:31:52 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb>
To:        ralf@acadiacom.net
Cc:        jmb@FreeBSD.ORG, sue@welearn.com.au, lfloyd@sonic.net, freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Newbies list [was: partition spanning multiple drives]

Ralf Black wrote:
> >         i dont believe that freebsd is so well known
> >         that people consider using it and *then* opt for windows.
> >         perhaps they buy a computer and voila, windos is
> >         already installed....never occurs to them they could
> >         install something else.
> >
> >         what do ya think?
> > jmb
> > --
> My computer came with Windowze, but I'm aware enough to see that there
> are other operating systems.
> But here I'm refering to Windows NT. I'm sure many system operators
> evaluate other software for their business purposes (Webhosting, ISP,
> LAN etc.) before buying NT.

	many, if not most, large businesses reject free software
	out of hand---"there is no one to call" they say.

	calling in with a problem, and opening a "case" gives
	management the "ability to addresses the problem".

	wether or not teh case is ever resolved is not a consideration.
	having anothe company to blame is.

	a sad state of affairs.

	an excellent business opportunity for those that can sell
	a box with freebsd and bill $500--$1000 extra for installation.
jmb