Date:      28 Feb 2002 23:49:49 +1130
From:      Andrew Reid <andrew.reid@plug.cx>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   X Acceleration on Toshiba 4090XCDT

I recently picked up a Toshiba 4090XCDT, onto which I have successfully
installed FreeBSD 4.5-RELEASE.

Everything seems to be supported quite well (although I've not yet
bothered with APM), but the lack of acceleration in X is incredibly
annoying.

It has a Trident 9050 in it, and I read somewhere that Trident are
bastards and don't release enough specifications for a Trident driver to
be written (to give acceleration).

Does anyone know anything about this? I though I might see what the
general consensus around here was before I started fiddling with X4.

TIA,

   - andrew

--
Andrew J. Reid                    "Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem
andrew.reid@plug.cx               mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane