Date:      Mon, 29 Mar 1999 12:53:12 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        Coranth Gryphon <gryphon@intech.net>
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: virus announcements?

:I know that this is a general security list, but is is appropriate
:to post virus announcements here for beasties which cannot affect
:FreeBSD (or any unix) directly?

    No.  I don't think anyone here is really interested in hearing about
    semi-intelligent programmers writing viruses that exploit big gaping
    holes in OSs that have been known to have said big gaping holes
    for untold years.

    Some idiot in the press called these things viruses.  They aren't
    viruses, they're clue sticks.  WHAP!

					-Matt
					Matthew Dillon
					<dillon@backplane.com>

:-coranth
:
:PS> And maybe it's just me, but sending a virus alert about attachments
:and putting the data in an attachment, seems to defeat the purpose...
:
: Coranth Gryphon  <gryphon@hway.net>   |  Work Phone: 561-912-2497