Date:      Sun, 23 Dec 2001 04:22:01 +0100
From:      Bernd Walter <ticso@cicely9.cicely.de>
To:        Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
Cc:        Wilko Bulte <wkb@freebie.xs4all.nl>, freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 4.5 alpha buyglet

On Sat, Dec 22, 2001 at 05:12:32PM -0800, Matthew Jacob wrote:

> >Yes, see Message-ID: <20011221175252.A25617@freebie.xs4all.nl>
> >on -alpha.
>
> Ooops- so right you are. Anyway, I looked at this just a bit- seems a compiler
> error to me- it shouldn't be generating ldq's for those tags because they
> couldn't possibly be at 8 byte offsets given the structures involved. Oh well.

The two variables it fails on are defined as beeing long but only
32 bit aligned.
I'm more about beleaving the sysctl tranfer misaligns them.
But I have currently no system where I see this problem so I can't
be shure.
The sysctl receive buffer is malloc'ed so it should be 64 bit aligned.

ticso@cicely.de         Usergroup           info@cosmo-project.de