Date:      Sat, 15 Apr 2000 22:50:22 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Scott <gsi22419@gsaix2.cc.GaSoU.EDU>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   xf86 with voodoo banshee

Hi, how's it going?

I've got a 3dfx Voodoo Banshee.  And whenever i try to run xf86 with the
SVGA server (like i'm supposed to do) it runs, however I have nasty
streaks on the edges of all my windows.  As well, if i resize a window
often the contents become garbled.  If i quit xf86 and go back to text
mode the text there is garbled as well.  The VGA16 server works fine,
however who wants to run that?  I've heard of other people having this
same problem, but everyone i've asked has since switched to linux.  I did
not have this problem in linux, and as far as I can tell i'm using the
same configuration.  The Voodoo Banshee is supported as far back as 3.3.4,
but i've only tried it with 3.3.6 and 4.0.  I've tried compiling 4.0 from
source, and that gave the same problems, and the card isn't even listed in
database.  When i tried upgrading by binaries, it worked, and had slightly
less problems.

Here's a list of my hardware :
pII-400, 96mb of ram
3dfx Voodoo Banshee
onboard es1371 sound
cheap-o pci ethernet controller, and a isa 33.6 modem (USR i think)

Thanks,
Scott