Date:      Sun, 12 Dec 1999 21:31:13 +0200
From:      Alexander Prohorenko <white@extra.dp.ua>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   ATAPI tape drive (wst0) problem.

Hello,

I've got some problem and I need your help to solve it.

uname -mrs
FreeBSD 3.3-STABLE i386

dmesg output:

wdc1: unit 1 (atapi): <SuperStation-Int/1.06>, removable, accel, iordy

I've added such strings to kernel configuration file:

options ATAPI
device wst0

Of course, I did:

cd /dev
./MAKEDEV wst0

ls -al /dev/rwst0
crw-r-----  1 root  operator   90,   0 Dec 12 12:05 /dev/rwst0

When I'm trying to do:

mt -f /dev/rwst0 status

I'm getting:

mt: /dev/rwst0: Device not configured

and

Dec 12 12:27:20 zzz-oz /kernel: ENXIO lun=0, wstnlun=0, im=0xc01d0b34

Please, be so kind to let me know where is my mistake and what I'm
doing incorrect. `man wst` didn't help, - besides, it refers to wst(1)
but I was failed to find such.

Thank you very much and looking forward your help.

--
Alexander Prohorenko (white@la.com)
..."Death is God's way of telling you not to be such a wise guy."