Date:      Fri, 23 Jun 2000 16:56:56 +0200
From:      Johann Visagie <johann@egenetics.com>
To:        Fernando Schapachnik <fpscha@via-net-works.net.ar>
Cc:        security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Passive FTP ports in ProFTPd

Fernando Schapachnik on 2000-06-23 at 10:48:40 -0300:

> 	I switched to ProFTPd due to the wu-ftpd exploit posted today.

Despite the fact that ProFTPd is advertised as secure, it has had several
security scares and is generally regarded (at least among the people I to
talk to) as being a bad choice from a security perspective.

See for instance what Dan Bernstein has to say about it:
  http://cr.yp.to/publicfile.html   (3/4 way down the page)

-- V