Date:      Tue, 13 Mar 2012 08:01:12 -0700
From:      Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>
To:        saint <saint_bxg@126.com>
Cc:        freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Freebsd9.0 TDMA: stuck beacon problem

Hi!

The 11n chipset TDMA support in 8.x was unfortunately very broken (it
made the wrong assumptions about timer resolution and configuration
which changed between the AR5212-era MAC and the AR5416 11n era MAC.)

Figuring out what's wrong with TDMA is on my TODO list but I don't
have the time at the present moment, I'm afraid.

Someone popped up a few months ago and made TDMA mostly work again
with the 11n NICs but I forget whether it made it into -HEAD or not.
Maybe try TDMA on -HEAD. Don't enable 11n. That won't work. :)

Adrian

2012/3/13 saint <saint_bxg@126.com>:
> Hi Adrian:
> =A0 =A0This is Michael.
> =A0 =A0I'm trying to implement TDMA connection with two Atheros cards(AR5=
416 and AR9285) working on freebsd 9.0-release.
> =A0 =A0After reading the handbook, I added the build option IEEE80211_SUP=
PORT_TDMA, and modified loader.conf as:
> if_ath_load=3D"YES"
> if_ath_pci_load=3D"YES"
> =A0 =A0I rebuilt and reinstalled the kernel, reboot ...
> =A0 =A0After that, the ath driver can be loaded and I could configure two=
 cards as adhoc mode and connect each other successfully. =A0:)
> =A0 =A0But, when I configured the card as tdma mode and set it as a maste=
r(tdmaslot 0), a few seconds later, the screen was full of:
> "ath0: stuck beacon; resetting( bmiss count 4)"
>

> =A0 =A0config commands:
> ifconfig wlan0 create wlandev ath0 wlanmode tdma
> ifconfig wlan0 ssid freebsd-tdma tdmaslotlen 2500 tdmaslot 0
> ifconfig wlan0 up =A0(after this, "ath0: stuck beacon..." appears)
>

> =A0 =A0If I set the card as a slave( tdmaslot 1), no these output message=
s. :(
> =A0 =A0I tried to find the result from the code, it pointed to ath_hal_nu=
mtxpending(). (That means there are still frames pending in the QCU(AR5416)=
). But I didn't know why.
> =A0 =A0I searched it on the internet, many people experienced it, but non=
e of them was the same case as mine.

> =A0 =A0Then I reinstalled the OS with freebsd8.2-release. There was no "a=
th0: stuck beacon..." =A0:)
> =A0 =A0But under freebsd8.2, I could not connect two cards as tdma mode e=
ither(no beacons send out). Oh~~ :(:(