Date:      Fri, 1 Dec 2000 11:19:35 -0000
From:      Daniel Bye <Daniel.Bye@uk.uu.net>
To:        "'questions@freebsd.org'" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Pesky file

Hi all,

Here's a question for a Friday morning...  Somehow, I have ended up with a
file named -help in my home directory.  How can I get rid of it?  It is 0
bytes,
and if I try to rm, mv, unlink it etc, the shell interprets the file name as
an
argument to the program and spews forth errors.  Backslash escaping it
doesn't work, and neither does quoting it.

Is there any way to remove it by using the inode number??  It's not a huge
problem, but it is annoying that I can't figure out how to do it!

TIA for any insights/solutions.

Dan Bye
_______________________________
UUNET UK