Date:      Sat, 12 May 2001 03:39:45 +0930
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Paje da Oca <root@maloca.oca.org.br>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Can FreeBSD handle SCSI tape?

On Friday, 11 May 2001 at 13:55:25 -0300, Paje da Oca wrote:

> A SCSI tape drive is recognized at boot time, but, when I try
> to access it (using "tar", for example), I get lots of error
> messages.

These error messages are trying to tell you something.  Why didn't you
quote them?

> Has anybody managed to have such a device working?
> Mine is recognized at boot time as: Archive Phyton,

I'm pretty sure it's not.  Why don't you quote the probe messages?

> and the device being used is /dev/sa0.
>
> Thanks for any help or pointers to sources of possible help.

Well, you can start with http://echunga.lemis.com/questions.html.  It
will help you formulate a question which stands some chance of a
useful reply.

Greg
If you don't, I may ignore the reply.