Date:      Thu, 28 Jun 2012 16:00:56 +0200
From:      Zoran Kolic <zkolic@sbb.rs>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: new desktop box

Thanks all for reply!

> The real question is which video card do you want to use?

Since I'm not gamer nor do 3d, some silent card will suffice.
There are nvidia gp520 and radeon 6450, both with no fan.
Also, I always enable powerd and dynamically lower freq to the
least I could. More I read, less I know, regarding that future
cpu. What about amd fx8120 ? Nex gen will come at Q3, maybe.
Next decision might be ssd, instead of hdd. Best reviews are
for samsung 830 (of wich 64gb are fine in my case).
I plan to install from usb stick and avoid dvd-cd. Also, cannot
make into what mobo should fit, but stay out of expensive field.
Probably intel ethernet if possible, but it is not available
in most data I read.
Once more, thank you all for fast respond.

                           Zoran