Date:      Tue, 23 Jan 1996 10:57:40 +0200 (EET)
From:      Seppo Kallio <kallio@beeblebrox.pccc.jyu.fi>
To:        Gianmarco Giovannelli <gmarco@masternet.it>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: A very silly question...

On Mon, 22 Jan 1996, Gianmarco Giovannelli wrote:

> I bought FreeBsd 2.1. I am a very novic user of Unix world even if not other
> os... (AmigaOs, Os/2 & Win95)
>
> Btw I am here to make you some questions:
>
> 1) I have seen that is not present the Italian keyboard setting...
> Is there a easy solution about it ?

In /etc/csh.cshrc :

# Uncomment this line to activate russian locale
# setenv LANG ru_SU.KOI8-R
# Uncomment this line to activate italian locale
setenv LANG it_IT.ISO8859-1
# For full locales list check /usr/share/locale/*

> 2) I seen that my kernel when boot tries to probe for a lot of devices,
> slowing the boot process. It is possible to have the kernel deals only with
> the device I  really have ? i.e. I have a Pentium 133mhz, 32mb ram, A2940uw
> , Hds e Cdrom Scsi ...

In boot, you will get the prompth   Boot:

Type -c

then use ? or help and disable xxx

Seppo