Date:      Mon, 15 Nov 1999 01:08:23 -0800 (PST)
From:      Chris England <cengland@obscurity.org>
To:        Mike <welsh.81@osu.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ftp install

You do an ftp install through a program called sysinstall which takes you
through the installation and configuration of the operating system.

If you are installing from MS-DOS, first you need to make your boot
floppies (mfsroot.flp and kern.flp) with rawrite.exe.

Boot off of kern.flp and you will later you will be asked to insert
mfsroot.flp.  Soon enough you will be in sysinstall, doing the
installation of your choice, whether it be an ftpinstall or something
else.  ftp install is nicely automated.  For further info, use
www.freebsd.org/handbook. Enjoy.