Date:      Sat, 11 Jul 2015 19:56:49 +0200
From:      Harald Schmalzbauer <h.schmalzbauer@omnilan.de>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        =?UTF-8?B?RWR3YXJkIFRvbWFzeiBOYXBpZXJhxYJh?= <trasz@freebsd.org>, kib@freebsd.org
Subject:   r284665 causes MSI problems -> ahcich2: Timeout in slot 11 port 0

--------------enig5508B17968707230AD2810FF

 Hello,

r284665 causes ahci(4) to fail with timeouts when using MSI (the default)=
=2E

'hint.ahci.0.msi=3D0' is one way to make ahci(4) working with r284665, bu=
obviously not the desired solution, it just disables usage of an MSI.

I can't find suspicious code in r282213 which could cause this strange
regression, but I verified carefully that problem arises with r284665.
Actually, r282901
(https://svnweb.freebsd.org/base?view=3Drevision&sortby=3Ddate&revision=3D=
282901)
is the real trigger, verified by putting
nooptions         RACCT
nooptions         RACCT_DEFAULT_TO_DISABLED
nooptions         RCTL
into my kernel config -> problem vanishes!

Setting "kern.racct.enable=3D1" doesn't make any difference, as soon as
'kern.features.racct' exists, there's the ahci(4)/ahcich2 timeout and
machine doesn't finish booting.

Unfortunately, I don't have any idea how to track this down to the
actual culprit, but I hope the RACCT hackers do have ;-)

Shall I open a bugzilla ticket?

Thanks,

-Harry