Date:      Fri, 26 Apr 2002 12:31:37 +0300
From:      "Simas Cepaitis" <simas@5ci.lt>
To:        <watsonmj@toomuch.com.au>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Existing Kernel Options

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Watson" <watsonmj@toomuch.com.au>
To: <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Sent: Thursday, April 25, 2002 1:53 PM
Subject: FW: Existing Kernel Options

> Hi Roman
>
> Sorry about top-posting, hopefully I've got it right now.
>
> The kernel I am running from the distribution CD includes the firewall
> (which I can enable using the firewall_enable="YES" option in my rc.conf
> file).  The GENRERIC kernel configuration off the same distribution CD
does
> NOT include the IPFIREWALL option.

  Why are you so  sure that IPFIREWALL is compiled in kernel, and not loaded
as a module? Try to see what 'kldstat' reports. If you just
firewall_enable="YES"
in rc.conf, and you don't have it in kernel, it can be loaded loaded from
rc.network
script. So if you can run firewall with your default kernel, it still could
be GENERIC.

Simas Cepaitis
simas@5ci.lt